Sunday, December 2, 2007

Self Selected Topic- I Believe I Can Fly!

Have you ever been faced with a situation that presents a challenge to you?? Of course you have, we face them all the time. But what do you do when you don't know what to do?? You tell yourself--"I can fly"!!!

Inside each of us dwells the knowledge and power to change our worlds. Find the motivation that you need to address the challenge; whether it's a new school, family issues, or a new job. There is a quote that says, "Only the strong survive"; I believe that is so. Instead of letting the problem that you're facing overwhelm you-- look within yourself and find the strength to tackle that mountain.

Next, find resources that can help you to meet the challenge: people, ideas, seminars, websites and more. Sometimes success depends on how willing you are or how hungry for success you are. Resources can be as simple as people that can help you or connect you to those who can. In order to "fly" you will definitely have to leave your comfort zone. Don't be afraid to try!! The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Find a role model that you can emulate. Above all else, if you have a dream, don't let it die because you neglect it or are too afraid of the altitude.

Sometimes you might need to change your associations. Turkey and eagles don't run in the same pack. Flying requires vision. If you can see it, you can achieve it. The sky is the limit. In my church, we are taught, "I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me." Develop an "I can" attitude. When you change your attitude, you change your altitude.

Once you learn to fly, you won't be afraid to try again. You're not alone--just try and then you, too, can say "I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky- spread my wings and fly away. I believe I can soar! I see me running through that open door, I CAN FLY"

No comments: